亚博足彩appWorkstation Extension improves productivity by allowing you to collaborate and communicate in real-time with your co-workers during system troubleshooting.
亚博足彩appSave time by accessing the desktop applications that you need from your server. When troubleshooting your systems, have you ever wished you could create and modify files, view short how-to guides, or communicate in real time with your coworkers? Now you can. The SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension includes messaging, multimedia and office productivity tools which make collaboration and communication easier. And by eliminating switching between systems, you can work faster and more effectively.
Workstation Extension also enables you to develop, test, and deploy your applications from a single system and eliminate errors that can occur when copying and configuring code and files.
亚博足彩appHave you ever wasted time trying to debug code, only to find that the mistake occurred while you were transferring information from one system to another? Don't do that again. With the Workstation Extension you can develop, test and deploy your applications from a single system. Eliminate errors that can occur when copying and configuring code and files from one machine to another, and improve your productivity.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension includes all of the productivity applications that are included in SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop. It gives you the LibreOffice suite as well as a web browser, email, calendaring, instant messaging and more. Pick the ones that you need to be more productive in your server environment:
- Mozilla Firefox web browser
- Evolution email & calendaring
- Pidgin instant messaging
- Shotwell photo manager
- Rhythmbox music player
- LibreOffice office productivity suite
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR SPECIFIC USES
- 512 MiB to 4 GiB RAM, at least 256 MiB per CPU
- 4 GiB hard-disk space, 16 GiB for snapshot/rollback of the OS
- Network interface (Ethernet, wireless or modem)
- For Xen virtual host server—at least 512 MiB RAM for each virtual host server
- For KVM virtual host server—KVM's limits are equal to those of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- For Xen or KVM virtual machines—at least an additional 256 MiB RAM for each virtual machine
- For print servers—a relatively faster processor or additional processors to improve server-based printing
- For web servers—additional RAM to improve caching, and additional processors to improve web application performance
- For database servers—additional RAM to improve caching, and multiple disks for parallel I/O
- For file servers—additional memory and disks, or a Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks (RAID) system to improve I/O throughput
MINIMUM LINUX SERVER SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR INSTALLATION
- Local Installation: 512 MiB RAM, 512 MiB Swap recommended
- 2 GiB available disk space (more recommended, 8.5 GiB for all patterns)
- 16 GiB for snapshot/rollback of the OS